Market share leader for three consecutive years, WAPPLES is the Web Application Firewall (WAF) of choice for customers in the Asia Pacific.
Besides blocking basic web attacks, WAPPLES is deployed to effectively guard against sensitive data leakage, block malicious web access and prevent website defacement in this era of intensified attacks.
Powered by an intelligent detection engine, WAPPLES is capable of combating the newest threats, including attacks often utilized in Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) launched by malicious agents to obtain data assets of governments and enterprises or for terrorism or political gains.
Most recently mentioned on the Gartner Asia/Pacific Context: ‘Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls’ 2018
Intelligence Allows Top Performance
While traditional WAFs depend on high-maintenance signature updates for low-accuracy pattern-matching, WAPPLES uses a logic-based detection engine called COCEP™ (Contents Classification and Evaluation Processing).
Utilizing 28 pre-configured detection rules, modified and even unknown attacks are categorized and blocked heuristically and semantically. This proprietary technology allows WAPPLES to deliver superior security with industry-leading accuracy and low false positive rates under various network environments. Maintaining high stability and performance, WAPPLES’ ease of deployment and low operational workload was recognized by Gartner as what made the WAF a popular choice for surveyed clients.
Through the analysis of an attack’s characteristics, WAPPLES is able to identify attacks that utilize new patterns of exploit that often bypass typical WAFs utilizing signature-based detection engines.
1st and 2nd generation WAFs that operate on blacklists and whitelists lag behind due to their reliance on signature updates to detect the latest threats. In comparison, the sophistication of security that WAPPLES can provide greatly surpasses that of signature-based WAFs.
High-Accuracy Web Attack Defense
- Logic-analysis based COCEP™ engine protects websites against OWASP Top 10 risks
- Extremely low false positive rates through heuristic and semantic traffic analysis
- Utilizes 28 detection rules that can be fine-tuned to create robust custom security policies
- Defense from known, zero-day, and HTTP DDoS attacks
- Validity testing (Luhn: ISO/IEC7812) prevents leakage of sensitive data
Easy to Install & Configure
- Minimal changes to existing systems
- Quick setup with preconfigured security policies
- Statistics visualized on centralized dashboard
- Intuitive and easy-to-use GUI management console
- Increases efficiency in web security management
Supports Various Environments
- Can be deployed in Reverse proxy, Inline, or High Availability (HA) configuration modes
- Support for EtherChannel and Multi-Segment
- Integration with SIEM (Micro Focus ArcSight, Splunk)
High Performance and Stability
- Optimized core provides enhanced performance
- High processing power with in-memory computing capability
- Stable performance even with strict security policy settings enabled
- Increased bandwidth through bonding technology